Today’s job market is very competitive, even in rapidly expanding industries like biotechnology. If you’re working on your Professional Science Master’s (PSM) degree at UMUC, you’re headed in the right direction.
What else can you do to land the job you want?
- What if you could get advice from biotechnology executives that would help you land a better job?
- What if you could ask biotechnology professionals about breaking into an entry-level biotech position?
- Or what if you could get practical advice that would help you advance from your current lab position into management?
- Or what if you could practice for a job interview with someone who regularly hires people just like you?
- What if you had a trusted advisor who knew this industry and who could listen to your questions – no matter how basic – and could give you advice?
In fall 2009, the graduate biotechnology program at UMUC launched a unique, web-based mentoring program, matching students with dedicated biotechnology professionals who volunteer their time as mentors. Since then, the PSM mentoring program has helped dozens of students get valuable advice from real biotechnology industry professionals.
We welcome your questions – find out today how this program can help you and you can become our next success story!
This program has been developed as part of a four-year U.S. Department of Education, FIPSE Grant to UMUC that started in fall 2008.